The 8 Walks in 8 Weeks Challenge 2014!
Chilliwack Walks is a summer walking program series for individuals and families of all ages, including your leashed dog. The locations are chosen to accommodate beginner and intermediate walkers and are lead by qualified staff from the Chilliwack Family YMCA.
There is no fee to participate.
This event is sponsored by the Chilliwack Spirit of BC Committee, Chilliwack Active Communities, Chilliwack Times, City of Chilliwack, Chilliwack Family YMCA, the Leisure Recreation Group, and Fraser Health.
Tuesday Walking Schedule:
- July 1, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Fairfield Island (start at Gwynne Vaughan Park) (no host due to Canada Day)
- July 8, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Greendale (start at Greendale MB Church 6550 Sumas Prairie Road)
- July 15, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Rotary Trail at the end of Lickman Road (diogs must be leashed)
- July 22, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Sardis Park
- July 29, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Chilliwack Lions Hope River Road Fairfield Island
- August 5, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve (** No dogs permitted)
- August 13, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Yarrow (start at Yarrow Alliance Church 42479 Yarrow Central Road)
- August 19, 2014 @ 6.45 pm – Cheam Wetlands (** no dogs permitted)
6th Annual Chilliwack Walks – How to Participate
Pick up the Walking Passport from the Chilliwack Times, Cheam Centre, YMCA, Chilliwack Landing Leisure Centre or the Parks, Recreation and Culture office at City Hall.
Do 8 walks in 8 weeks. You can take a walk in your neighbourhood or walk when you’re on vacation! Or join us for any or all of our 8 guided Chilliwack Walks sponsored by the Chilliwack Active Communities Committee.
Cross off a running shoe in your passport for every walk you take.
When you have completed 8 walks, hand in this passport at the Chilliwack Times, Cheam Centre, YMCA, Chilliwack Landing Leisure Centre or the parks, Recreation and Culture office at City Hall no later than 4:00pm on Thursday August 21, 2013. All passports will be entered to win great prizes! One entry per person.
Win Great Prizes!
- (2) 3-month Individual YMCA memberships
- (1) 3-month Family YMCA memberships
- (1) 3-month Individual Membership for both Cheam Leisure Centre and Chilliwack Landing Leisure Centre Membership
- (1) 3-month Family Membership for both Cheam Leisure Centre and Chilliwack Landing Leisure Centre Membership
- (2) Family Skate Passes from Chilliwack Parks, Recreation & Culture